How to Enrol
Seaholme Primary School is quickly approaching its enrolment capacity. If you are interested in enrolling your child at Seaholme Primary School and live within the catchment area, please contact our school office via email at email@example.com to request an enrolment pack. Please include your name, phone number, residential address and postal address in your email. If you live outside of our catchment area, you will be required to complete an Expression of Interest form. You may obtain this form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, residential address and postal address in your email.
We strongly encourage all enrolment forms to be provided to the school by August 1. This will assist the school to finalise the enrolment process and to begin planning for the transition of your child. Confirmation of enrolment will occur by September 1. You may still enrol after this date, but we strongly encourage you to assist us with this process.
You can search for Seaholme Primary School’s catchment area using the following website; https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/
Seaholme Primary School is nearing enrolment capacity.
Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds. (NB This criterion applies to VCE programs in secondary schools, SEAL Programs, and Select Entry Schools only)
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
Please see the 2022 Information Booklet for more information.
School tours can be organised by contacting the school office on 9398 2806 or via email: email@example.com
At Seaholme Primary, we want to make sure that all students achieve success and feel that they belong. That is why our Transition Programs are so important.
The first step is our Pre Foundation (prep) Reading Program. The program involves the children participating in Early Years Literacy sessions adapted to the needs of a pre-reader and is led by our 2022 Foundation teachers.
Pre Foundation (prep) Reading Sessions
- Tuesday, August 9th, 2.30pm to 3.15pm
- Tuesday, August 16th, 2.30pm to 3.15pm
- Tuesday, August 23rd, 2.30pm to 3.15pm
- Tuesday, August 30th, 2.30pm to 3.15pm (Our second-hand uniform shop will be open during this session)
- Tuesday, September 6th, 2.30pm to 3.15pm
Please note – Students must have a confirmed enrolment at Seaholme Primary School to attend the Pre-Foundation Reading Program
Each year the families of children in grade 6 complete forms listing their preferred secondary schools. All secondary schools offer the same core curricula, but a number specialise in specific curriculum areas, some offer accelerated learning classes, some provide the opportunity to work in single sex classes and many schools offer a variety of scholarships. There is no guarantee that students will receive their first choice of school, so it is important to come up with a number of suitable schools. Preference forms are completed in May each year.
Parents should consider which school will best suit the needs and aspirations of their child. We highly recommend that parents visit the secondary schools or attend open days by the end of year 5.
It is important that more than one government school is listed on the preference form.
Students from Seaholme P.S. who do not receive thier preferences will be enrolled at the closest government secondary school which is Altona P-9 College.
It is the role of Seaholme Primary School to pass the transition forms on to the secondary schools who then allocate positions.
To make an informed choice about which school to send your child to it is important that you gather as much information as possible. There are a number of ways to collect this information including:
- Talking to other parents who have sent their children to the schools you are interested in.
- Attending open days and information evenings at secondary schools (these are often advertised in local newspapers).
- Arranging interviews with the assistant principals of the secondary schools.
- Exploring secondary school websites.
This is a new Victorian Government site that allows you to search for information about all school in Victoria. Click on “search for a provider or a qualification.” You then type in the name of the school, or you can pick the type of school you want (eg secondary). You can specify postcodes or suburbs if you wish, and you also have a choice to choose surroundings suburbs. Once you find the school you want there is a link to their website.
Please contact the School Office on 9398 2806 for more information or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seaholme Primary School is accredited under the Department of Education and Training’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education and Training, 00861K). For further information refer to www.study.vic.gov.au.